Hola friends! I often get questions on what do I eat to stay fit and wonder if they need to cook with just salt and pepper. Some people think that eating healthy to stay fit means eating flavorless food and just stick to chicken and veggies, but that is absolutely not true. The goal of eating healthy is to make it sustainable and enjoyable so that it is part of our lifestyle! Forget about the diets because living a healthy lifestyle is not about following a diet, it is about making healthy food choices that you will actually look forward to eating; otherwise you will feel like you’re lifting a ton of weight on your back with no rest, and all the sudden you will abruptly release it with no willingness to even try again. For that reason I have been experimenting and making easy, healthy and yummy meal to share with you!
This week I am sharing the healthy or light version of Pulled pork, which is absolutely full of flavor! Trust me, once you make it you will want to have it as part of your weekly menu! I cook this recipe literally every week for the entire family and everyone loves it! I also love that you can get creative with this healthy pulled pork recipe and eat it in many different ways, like making carnitas tacos with corn tortillas (this recipe), or maybe on a wrap with leftovers for a quick snack, or make it a more rich dinner with rice and mixed veggies or with garlic rosemary creamer potatoes, oh so good! (my mouth is watering).
- Pork Tenderloin
- 1/8 cup of Water
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbsp coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 12 tsp Minced garlic
- 2 big white onions (I throw them in the chopper)
- 3 tsp mustard
- 3 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp onion Powder
- 4 tsp Kosher Salt
For the Pork
You should look for pork tenderloin, which is not the same as pork loin -I actually learned this after I bought the loin first and then the other kind, big difference! I get mine at Costco and it comes on a 2-pack from the brand “Swift”, but I also found that some Target stores has them, but only on a single pack here.
- Trim out all the fat from the pork loins
- Pat dry each loin with paper towels
- Cut the loins into 1 1/4 inch chops
- Sprinkle some Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the two onions in small squares or if you want to save time like me, simply put them on a food processor or food chopper. I use this chopper.
- Put all ingredients in the Instant Pot and add the pork chops last
- Set the Instant Pot in manual high pressure and set it for 45 minutes.
- Once done, wait for 10 minutes of natural release, then push the button for the vent to release all the pressure completely
- Carefully open the lid and with a pair of silicone tongs start shredding the meat. You will see how the tenderloins start shredding with minimum effort.
- Let it rest with an open lid for about 7 minutes so the meat will continue to absorb all the mixed flavors!
Bonus: For the Tortillas (If you make Carnitas Tacos)
I buy the Mission white corn tortillas. There are three ways to make the tortillas crispy to taste. You can either put them on a griddle, I have this one, which I absolutely love and also use it to make yummy paninis! Another option is to spray some non-stick oil on a pan and fry them until crispy. And the last option is to put them on an air fryer spraying some non-stick oil as well, I have this air fryer and I can’t tell you what I would do without it! It is very easy to clean and just the perfect size!
Whatever method you choose, do it right about 10 minutes before the pork is ready!
Top it off with avocado, red onions, lime, cabbage and cilantro!
Note: If you like your tacos to be more like a “Carnitas” style, you can put the amount of pork you will eat on a pan to reduce the moist.
Shop the Post from my affiliate links below
If you shop from the links below I may get a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to you.